Monday, August 15, 2011

Its the little things

Okay I've got a confession, my bedroom light fixture has looked like the picture above for the last year and a half. So I finally did something about it last week. In the middle of the night I woke up with a revelation. See I had the wrong idea about fixing the problem.
The original shade was broken when I moved in, I had thinking that I need to just replace the light fixture. Then it dawned on me, or really more like 2 am-ed on me. That I should check out the Kiwanis weekly sale for a replacement shade.
To my delight they not only had a replacement shade, they had a bunch of shades that would work for my light. I picked out this one, because it reminded me of a dandy lion just before you blow and make a wish.
Oh and the best part, it was only $1.50. Gotta love fixing a problem with just a little pocket change! What do you think? Was I crazy to sleep under a light that was literally hanging by a thread (well cord) for over a year? Have you ever thrifted a home improvement item?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...