Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Window Shopping - HomeGoods

I thought it might be fun to do a little window shopping this week. So I stopped over at my local HomeGoods and thought you might like to be my virtual shopping date!
I'd really like to get a drink dispenser and while the sign says that they start at $14.99 the ones I really liked, this one that looks like a bee hive and the blueish one in the middle were more in the $30-$40 range so I'm thinking I'll have to wait and see if they make it to the clearance section in the next few months.

I thought that both the sweet tea cups and the colorful mini casserole dishes would make great gifts both are only $7.99.


I'm a big fan of pretty storage and I think all three of these baskets/boxes fit the bill. The cool lime colored metal one is $12.99 and both of the awesome burlap baskets are $14.99

Moving on to the rug section. The two rugs about are big (7.5 ft x 9.5 ft) and only $299. Sadly they don't really work with my style/colors. But if browns and olives are your thing they would be a lovely addition to your room.


Now the light green and yellow rugs are a little bit smaller, but are also more what I'm looking for. Oh and at only $199 for the green and a mere $149 for the yellow it doesn't get much better.

The lamps are another example of item I loved, but have no relation to my personal style. The blue and green pottery was really beautiful in person ($49.99) and in the right room the faux coral would look fantastic ($39.99).

Okay storage centers. The top bookshelf is shallower than others with the same look that I've seen, it would work great for DVDs or CDs (though who owns that many CDs any more). I really, really, really loved the media center, as in I came this close to bringing it home, but it would be for my basement and I'm not really ready to work on that project yet. The self is $299 and the sideboard/media center was marked "as is" for $99.



Now here is where we hit the stuff that is more my cup of tea. The pink chairs, I almost don't want to tell you that they are only $89 because I think I might go back and pick up one (or maybe both). Now the silky pink chair while lovely is at $499 a little to rich for my blood. Well you know I love yellow I don't need to say more and did I say it is only $39.99. And the low bench/ottomans, yes, the yellow and green one would look AMAZING in my bedroom ($119).



HomeGoods is a great place to find bedding. I liked the sixties look of the Style Happy sheets (on clearance for $15). And in another case of cute, but not my style I love the black, white and green Hillcrest bedding set (I didn't make a note of how much the sheets were, but for just the duvet cover it was $39.99 and for the "bed in a bag" it is $79.99).
Here is where my battery died and I wasn't able to get any of the fun stuff in the accessory section. But as it was giving up the ghost I was able to snap one last one of this leather elephant (I actually own a vintage on very much like this), it didn't have a price tag, but the one stuck to the shelf next to it was for $14.99.

Okay friends our little shopping date has come to an end. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! Where should we go next time? Target? Meijer? World Market?

5 comments:

  1. I love that green storage basket! I'm motivated to go to Home Goods now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That drink dispenser is begging, BEGGING, for some lemonade before the warm weather kisses 2011 goodbye. I might have to stop by my local Home Goods and oblige, because I hate to see inanimate objects in pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many good finds! I'm a sucker for teacups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanna road trip to Va and decorate my house? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh isn't HomeGoods just the best?!
    Adelle - I wish I could come down and help you, I love decorating houses so much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...