Sunday, June 30, 2013
Saturday, June 29, 2013
Oh I am just going to squeak a few post in here at the end of the month, so here you have a short list of what I found inspiring this month.
Live: Get ready to be jealous of these amazing Detroit digs.
Watch: Now and Then practically drips summer and check out this fun living in over on Design*Sponge.
Find: I love these little houses by 2 of 2.
Read: I can't recommend (in)Courage enough, I signed up for there emails and am blessed by them everyday.
Friday, June 28, 2013
Well it happened, I turned 30. I've always thought of my birthday as a time to make resolutions, set goals and make plans for the coming year. This year I've put together a list of 30 Things I'd like to do while I'm 30, some are big and some are small, some a fun and some are just because it is time to live a little bit more like a grown up. Of course I'll let you know what I actually do (look for it in that blog everyday month, you know I'll need help there!).
- Read/Listen to 30 Books
- Visit all the Great Lakes
- Get rid of 1000 things (!)
- Write in a paper journal
- Blog everyday for a month
- Do a complete closet overhaul
- Visit Chicago
- Take 100 walks
- Finish 30 projects
- Have a yard sale
- Host a party
- Do one "fun" activity a week
- Write one letter a month
- Read Proverbs
- Completely pay off one loan
- Soak in the water once a week (a lake, a pool, a tub whatever)
- Set up a little etsy pop up shop
- Make a new friend
- Finish at least three things from my "life list"
- Take a class
- Make and stick with a budget
- Finally work on the fruit of the Spirit bible study I've been thinking about for years
- Finish the bed spread I started two years ago
- Eat an avocado
- Get a certain sister project up and running
- Visit Canada
- Go fruit picking (strawberries, blue berries, apples, whatever)
- Spend time with my Grandma
- Do something I've never done before
- Be Happy!
Friday, June 21, 2013
Saturday, June 15, 2013
I will be 30 (30, you guys!) on Monday, so I'm making myself a little to do list for my last weekend as a twenty something.
- Get a hair cut (my hair is too long and scraggly for a woman of 30)
- Watch the latest episode of Pretty Little Liars (I don't have an excuse, it is not good TV)
- Clean my house top to bottom (unlikely, but a good goal none the less)
- Paint my finger and toe nails (crazy I know)
- Throw out 100 Things (more on this here)
- Sleep in (maybe all the way to 9:00)
- Mow the lawn and weed (or it could just rain all weekend so I don't feel as guilty about it)
Okay there you have it how I plan to end my twenties, with shorter hair and a clean house!
Thursday, June 6, 2013
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Hello June, I've been anticipating your arrival.
This month I'll be sharing a bunch of fun things having to do with the number 30 (hint, hint someone has a big birthday coming up). I'll be sharing my summer reading list and my summer project list. I'm thinking about making plans and getting up earlier. Eating fresh fruits and farmers market finds. But most of all I'm looking forward to a month spent with family and friends, just enjoying the beauty of early summer!
So hello June indeed, we are going to have a good time!