In the middle of all my end of summer craziness, I have managed to squeeze in a little time to work on a few projects. One thing I really want to finish by the end of the year is my guest bedroom make over. After the wall painting and the bedding (that is a little more of a slow and steady wins the race kinda project) the next thing I wanted to tackle was the question of what to put on the walls.
A few weeks ago I found this wood plaque at the thrift store and thought I might be able to come up with a fun little project with it.
For starts I gave it a light spraying of paint, I wanted the wood to still "shine" through a little.
Next I went to my big stack o' magazines and ripped out a few pages that had just type on both sides.
I then made two flowers much like I made the felt flowers for my springy wreath only with glue in place of sewing. And finished them off with button centers.
To finish things up I cut out leaves from some pink and gray fabric you will be seeing again and drew a stem using a gold sharpie pen.