Sunday, July 18, 2010

Treasure Hunting

We have this wonderful place downtown Ann Arbor that is only open Saturday mornings from nine to noon. It is run by the Kiwanis (we actually always just refer to it as Kiwanis in my family) and has the best thrifting in the area in my book. It is still the place where all the little old ladies donate all the wonderful things that they are done with.

The stuff you can find there is amazing. When I went this past weekend (joined by my sister in-law and her mother) it took a lot of self control to not spend all the cash that I had. For example I left these little Fireking dishes behind even though I really love them (truth is I already have some that my grandma gave me and I have never used so I knew I didn't need them).
When you first arrive you are greeted by the books. I love the way it smells and the old man who hops on the loud speaker every few minutes to remind you about how the place works (you pay for your items in the section you find them) and recommends that you say check out the tvs upstairs or the mattresses by the loading dock.
I did bring home some treats. My mom has a tray like this one and I have been on the look out for one for a while, I think I paid all of $2 for it. Isn't he a cutie?!
I also picked up an assortment of glass candy dishes for my up coming desk organization (more on that later) I paid no more than $0.75 for these.
Plus I got to finish off my morning having brunch with this cutie! Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...