Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fashion Show, Fashion Show, Fashion Show at Lunch - Marie Antoinette

I am talking about the 2006 Sofia Coppola Marie Antoinette staring Kristen Dunst. I really love this movie, it is beautiful; the sets are delish and the casting is (in my opinion) spot on.


And the clothing is mesmerizing. They are of course way more over the top than anything anyone I know would wear, but they were much more over the top than anyone I know.

Ms. Coppola said that a photo of colorful French cookies was the inspiration for the color of the sets and costumes. You can see it so well in the picture above how well that translated to the screen.

Don't you wish you could go a masked ball like the one above? I know I do!



These two blue numbers are just so spot on.
To be honest part of why I like this movie is because it ends just as all the truly bad stuff happens in her life. You don't have to see her time in prison or being beheaded, you just get to enjoy the good life and know what will happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...