Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fly Me To the Moon

On this date in 1969 the first man to land on the moon took his first steps on her dusty surface. In celebration of that momentous occation and to mark the end of the current space shuttle program I have pulled together a little space themed round up for our Wednesday Find session!
This collectors plate was issued in 1969 and show cases a lovely artist's rendering of what the first men on space must have looked like hard at work.
If you want to believe, you might like this flying saucer charm, I'm thinking I might need one for my charm bracelet! Personally, the Tomorrowland the future through 1960's colored glasses has always been a favorite, these magnets based on a 60's game fit right in.
Personally, the Tomorrowland the future through 1960's colored glasses has always been a favorite, these magnets based on a 60's game fit right in.

Now if this bad boy wasn't 90 bucks I'd be announcing here that it was on it's way to me as I was typing this for you to read. Sadly it is $90 and I just can't do that right now, but if you have a spare hundy kicking around I would so get behind your buying this. I think it is amazing!
Finally we have this cool quilt, it looks like they may not sell it any longer, but if you are truly crafty you might be able to make one with your own two hands!
As always when I do these little round ups there is more over on Pinterest, check it out and let me know if you have any other spacey finds!

And of course if all else fails, you can always just sleep under the stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...