Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pinterest Challenge: Map It Out


 You might remember last week that I said I was going to take part in the Summer Pinterest Challenge. I even showed you my pinspiration:
This map project by Kayla Danelle ended up being closest to my final project. 
Okay my project isn't actually finished I still need to find a frame that will fit my state wall art. But even unframed I think that my challenge worked out okay. Here is what I did: I started by painting a few shades of  blue watered down acrylic (on a paper bag!), then after cutting out the state of Michigan from an old map I had hanging around I used spray adhesive to adhere the map to my bag.
Then I used a star shaped button that I already had to mark my hometown on the map. I finished the whole thing off by writing "Michigan" with red pastel across the top.
For now it is hanging out on the back of this closet door while I look for a frame. Considering the rest of the project was created using things I already had so I don't mind spending a few bucks on a frame that will work for it.

Don't forget to check out all the projects created by the Challenge hosts: Young House Love, Bower Power (be warned you will want your own living room teepee!), Ten June and Centsational Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...