Sometimes you make a mistake while cooking/baking that results in a way tastier end product than you would get from the original recipe. That is exactly how this recipe modification came about.
What you need:
6 & 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
1 Bag (10 oz) Marshmallows
1/4 cup of butter
1 table spoon vanilla
Other than adding the vanilla this recipe comes together exactly like a regular Rice Krispie Treat recipe.
1. melt butter in a large pot on the stove
2. once butter has melted, add marshmallows - stir until melted
3. add vanilla to butter & marshmallow - incorporate into mix
4. pour rice krispies into mix, stir
5. put mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan
6. let sit until completely cooled
While you are waiting for the treats to cool you should let your helpers eat the left overs from the pot. They will need spoons and to wash their hands.
Other fun ideas:
put sprinkles on top before the treats cool
mix chocolate chips, dried fruit or crushed up pepermint candy in
add food coloring to the marshmallow mix for pink, blue or green treats
dip the cooled treats in chocolate
** keep the treats in an airtight container if for some reason you don't eat the entire pan in one afternoon.**