Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Make: Very Sparkly Christmas Wreath


Okay I might have gone a little over board with my Christmas wreath this year, it is very sparkly and a little crazy. Sit back and I'll tell you the story of the crazy sparkly gold-gold wreath.


I had this idea of a totally gold wreath rolling around in my mind so over Thanksgiving weekend I went to both Joann's and Micheal's and pick up gold wreath filler (on sale and with a coupon!) to take a part for my wreath.


I already had this wire wreath form kicking around my house (I picked it up at a thrift store for 99 cents a while back). So I just wrapped it with some felt I already had to create my base.


Once I "broke down" all the filler that I bought, it was clear I had way more thank I was going to need, so there will surely be more sparkly projects to come. In the end I just randomly glued the pieces to my base with hot glue.


In the end I think it actually looks fun and shiny hanging on my front door. And I know it will look even better when my house has a blanket of snow.

P.S. As I mentioned in yesterday's post, my camera is dead as a door nail, so the next few posts will have all cell phone pics (sure am glad I up graded to a smart phone!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...