Thursday, October 4, 2012

Read: Autumn Reading List


It is time once again to make a list of books to read. For my Autumn Reading List I went with a slightly more manageable list than the one for Summer (I'll give you a quick recap of how I did this summer at the bottom of this post). With being back into the swing of things with the class I teach and picking up leading a Sunday School class this fall five books seemed like the perfect number. So without further ado the Fall Reading List:

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - I kept hearing about this book, but it was really the endorcement by Linda Holmes made me want to read it.

The Monsters of Templeton by Lauren Groff - The book had me at a monster dies and surfaces in the lake of the small-ish town of Templeton.

The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart - I have had this book kicking around for a while so I thought it was time to give it a go.

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender - I have had this book in my Amazon shopping card forever so when I was given a gift card I decided to go ahead and buy it.

Apron Anxiety by Alyssa Shelasky - My nonfiction entry, the last few times the nonfiction has been my favorite thing I read so we will see how this one goes.

Now for the Summer Reading List:
Favorites
MWF seeking BFF - I keep joking that I have become an evangelist for this book. It was really that good to read. It has changed my approach to building friendship.

The Night Circus - Again I keep tell people to read this one. I want so bad to see this world come to life I hope they make a movie though it could never be as good as the book.

Some of they others were okay, some I just read at and others I'm still on the library wait list for.

What are you reading this fall?

P.S. are you on Goodreads? Let's be friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...