Monday, October 1, 2012

Make: Sweater Wrapped Candle

With the change of the leaves I am happy to embrace sweater weather. If you can't get enough of fuzzy wools in fun patterns you might want to take the sweaters out of the closet and into your home decor. From pillows to blankets there are many great ways to bring the warm and fuzzy into your home, so today I thought it would be fun to share a quick and easy diy project to "dress" a candle.
What you need:
Candle in a jar or a jar you can put a candle in
A wool sweater with a good print or cabling
Scissors
Needle and thread
Sharpie
First you need to cut down your piece of sweater to fit around your jar.
To figure out how wide to cut my piece I just wrapped my sweater scrap around my jar and then marked the height off with my sharpie on the wrong side of the fabric.
Then flip the fabric around and pin it into place.
Finally sew up along the seam. I used a blanket stitch, but any stitch will work. I also used thick thread because I wanted you to be able to see it (which only kinda worked) you do not need to use something that thick.
And there you have it! It will take you as long to do this project as it did to read this post, so go a head and dig out that moth eaten sweater you haven't been able to part with and start stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...