Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Read: Across Space and Time

**Each year I take on the fun project of reading new books, in 2011 I had a book of the month, in 2012 I had seasonal reading lists, for 2013 I will be focusing on three books a month the are tied together with a similar theme, author or story. Each month will have one book that is new to me and two I have read before.**

For April's Read Something Good I've focused on books with space or time travel. Now don't worry there isn't any hard core science fiction here, just the light and fluffy kind. 


An Acceptable Time by Madeleine L'Engle
Just seeing this cover transports me to the young adult section of my local library, I can almost smell the worn pages. One of L'Engle's less known works An Acceptable Time, still has all the time travel, spirited adventure and young love you expect for her.


Perelandra by C.S. Lewis
The second of Lewis space books, this re-imagining of the garden of Eden  just filled me with joy the first time I read it.


Across the Universe by Beth Revis
New to me Across the Universe is the first book of a trilogy by Beth Revis centering around people traveling across the universe over 300 years to colonize a new earth.

P.S. Find me on goodreads to see what else I've been reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...