Thursday, February 14, 2013

Read: Love Stories

**Each year I take on the fun project of reading new books, in 2011 I had a book of the month, in 2012 I had seasonal reading lists, for 2013 I will be focusing on three books a month the are tied together with a similar theme, author or story. Each month will have one book that is new to me and two I have read before.**

For February's Read Something Good post you know I was going to go with Love Stories. You did right?! Bonus all of this months picks have been adapted as movies, so after you finish reading you can complain about how the movie isn't as good as the book!


Persuasion by Jane Austen
Persuasion is my favorite Austen novel, I enjoy the Bennets, I wish good things for the Dashwood sisters, but Anne Elliot I love. The story of love lost because of choices made when you are young, I think speaks to our modern age much more than any of Austen's other works. If you haven't read it yet I highly recommend that you pick it up this month.


The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
The first time I read The Time Traveler's Wife it was like having an addiction, a must read, can't stop addiction. It is twisty, often fun and sometimes sad, but always good.


Stardust by Neil Gaiman
This is my new to me book this month. I have seen the movie and found it to be delightful so I am very much looking forward to reading this book.

So friends, what books are you reading this month? I'd love to hear about 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...