Monday, January 21, 2013

Listen: From Mom & Dad's Record Collection


Sunday night I was over at my parents house, where my younger sister was having friends spend the night. Somehow one of the girls started talking to my dad about music, which lead to the opening of the cupboards in my parents library that hold the records that my dad has saved over the last fifty years or so. Long after the girls had made their way down to the basement to play around in my sisters new "dance studio" my dad and I were left pulling out favorite and playing great songs for one another. It was wonderful, I grew up in a music listening family, but lately I just don't find myself putting tunes on all the often. I tend to turn on NPR when I listen to the radio and my iphone has more hours of audiobooks than music on it. So, it was really great to listen to some of the music I have loved for most of my life. I even made you a little play list, it has some of my dad's Motown and a little of my mom's 70s folk, classic country that my mom grew up listening to and my dad found a love for as an adult and Edgar Winter rock 'n roll (the ultimate soundtrack of the Fink kids young lives). I hope you enjoy it, now if you'll excuse me I'm off to listen to more Stevie Wonder, Dolly Parton, Dusty Springfield and The Dave Clark Five.

From Mom & Dad's Records by Elizabeth Fink on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...