Monday, May 21, 2012

Make: Painted Bobby Pins

Okay lets get real here. I wear my hair pulled back like this (sorry about weird pictures of me, it is like way harder to take a picture of the top of your own head than I would have ever guessed!) with two bobby pins every single day. Because I do the same thing day in and day out I do like to mix up the look of the bobby pins a little bit. I have some great metallics as well as a few fancy ones with faux pearls and rhinestones, but today we are going to work on a really quick and easy way to add a little pizzazz to you mane with things you already have a round the house.
Namely: Nail Polish, Bobby Pins and a little piece of Cardboard. I'm sure you have all of that hanging around your place. Right?
This project is so easy, it seemed silly to call it a project at all, but here goes. There are two steps.
1. Slip Bobby Pins onto Cardboard
2. Paint top of Pins with Nail Polish, if you want to try the "advanced placement" nail polish bobby pin painting method you will paint three colors on for that color blocked effect. (I wish you could hear the way I am saying this in my please don't take me to seriously voice - okay read the instructions again with that in mind!)
Once the polish has dried you can stack them all up and take a million pictures trying to get one that looks half way good.

Or you can just slip them in your hair. That might be a better plan, but whatever floats your boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...