Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Crafty Reads

Our local (well the whole company is local, but the store closest to me) Border's is one of the stores that the company is closing this spring. At one time I did a lot of shopping there, well before the days of Amazon and online shopping, so I guess I thought I would stop by for old times sake and take a little look-see. I hate to say this, but I still think the prices even at the discount rates are far to high so I didn't really pick anything up, but it did give me a chance to flip through a few crafty books, by a few crafty ladies I have had in my Amazon cart/wishlist for a while. The problem with buying craft books, in my opinion, is that you don't really know what you are getting. Sure you know that the author is someone who's work you like, or has a style that attracts you, but you don't know if the projects within the book will be anything you would actually like to make. And lets face it, if you aren't going to make anything from the book, what is the point in having it. Here are a few titles that after browsing through I still think would be worth adding to your craft room library (or to that ever growing stack of books at the side of your bed).
Little Stitches for Little Ones by Amy Butler
Wee Wonderfuls by Hilary Lang
Embroidery Companion by Alicia Paulson
The Black Apple's Paper Doll Primer by Emily Martin
Of course all other these ladies have wonderful blogs and websites that I have linked above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...