Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Make:: Tassel Keychain


This past week I ended up at the mall with my mom and realized that these tassels are everywhere so it seemed like a good time to pull out this project from back in November. This is a fun, quick and easy project that you can shop for and make in an afternoon.


Supplies:
Faux Leather
Large Split Ring
Glue (I just used some super glue I already had)
Scissors


Step 1:
Cut fabric into one 2 in by 12 in strip and 2 in by 1/4 in strip
Cut fringe into larger strip of fabric, about a 1/4 in wide


Step 2:
Loop smaller strip of fabric around split ring and glue ends together.


Step 3:
Glue ends of small strip of fabric to the wrong side of the fringed fabric.


Step 4:
Glue and roll the fringe around the small strip until you reach the end.
** I found that it was easiest to put glue on a few inches and then roll it up until I reached the end. At the end I glued across the entire end so that you don't have any edges coming up.



Hook your keys on and enjoy!

P.S. I'm working on a project to make with the rest of your faux leather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...