Thursday, September 5, 2013

Celebrate: Welcome To The World My Little Love


Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. 
- 1 John 4: 7-12

Yesterday my newest nephew was born and tonight I'm thinking about love and what I would whisper in his ear if I could be in Virgina holding him close. I would whisper little words of love and hope, I would say something like "I love you, your family loves you and The Lord God Creator and Sustainer of the world loves you, yes you are loved. I hope you have a life full of blessings, that you grow strong and wise, that you find joy in the morning and rest at night and more than that I hope you feel all of this love everyday of your life." it would all be about love, every word, because every person should be born surrounded by love.

Actually if you think about it the unconditional and undeserved love we give babies is a way that we model God's love. For this little person has done nothing for me, yet I would do so much for him, just because I love him. So tonight instead of whispering my words of love in his ear I will pray that my little dear will be surrounded by love all the days of his life and that as he grows he will model God's love by loving others.

Welcome Dietrich I love you, I love you, I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...