Thursday, August 2, 2012

Live: Weekend Trip to New York City

 Last weekend I took my third trip of the summer (that means that there is one my weekend away and a day trip left for those keeping track at home!). This time to NYC. My sister in-law Kelsey and I drove out to stay with my cousin and his family for the weekend, before they return to Michigan so he can complete Medical school.
Our wonderful tour guides Amanda and Sienna greeted us at their summer rental in The Bronx. They have a nice large place only a block away from the Subway. After grabbing some lunch at there place we headed into the city. 
 First stop on our trip, Purl SoHo. It was lovely and I took a lot more pictures that I will share with you next week.
 We then walked around SoHo, where I was guilted into buying a necklace from a guy on the street. I'll try and show you my NYC swag next week.
 Loved everything in Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic Shop. I would have taken the whole place home with me if I had the cargo room and the cash! For now I'll just have to settle for her collection at Target.
 We did a lot of Subway riding over the weekend. Sienna charmed everyone on the trains, I mean come on, wouldn't you want to ride next to this gal?!

When I was growing up my Aunt and Uncle lived in Connecticut not to far outside the city so over the years I have been to New York more than a few times, but it was amazing how many places we visited this trip that I had never been to. Including St. Patrick's. How had I missed this beauty all these years. I was only sad that the exterior was being cleaned or something and covered by scaffolding.

 The next day we went to the MoMA, another spot I've never visited. I don't really do pictures at the art museum, but I loved the view out of this wide open room (that houses a Richard Serra sculpture) and the overlook into the special exhibit space on the third floor.
 It rained on and off throughout the day on Saturday so by the time we made it to Central Park the temps had dropped and the people had cleared out leaving the lake almost empty for us to enjoy.
 The bridge was my favorite! So great.
 My last shot of the day Sienna and her Momma getting coffee with us before they headed home and Kelsey and I went down to Time Square to see Mary Poppins.

I have a few more pics of The City to share with you next week!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful time was had at The Jentzen's B&B! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so great! Tomorrow I have my favorite pictures in their very own post. But who could pass up posted a few of the cutest baby tour guide ever!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...