Monday, March 5, 2012

Change: Back in the Habit


Dear Blog,
A long time ago we used to be friends, but I'm sure you haven't thought of me lately at all.
Yeah I have that song stuck in my head too, lets see what we can do about that.
We Used to Be Friends by The Dandy Warhols on Grooveshark
Okay press play and we can get started.
Like so much of life Blogging is based on forming good habits and breaking bad habits. The good; take pictures as you work on projects, record details, actually sit down and write. The bad; well really they are just the opposite of the good, forget all about pictures until the end of a project, toss packaging without noting the color of the yarn or the brand of floral print masking tape and so on. I have been in a bad habit funk for the last month and a half, like getting up in the morning to work out - skipping a day or two seems okay, but before you know it you haven't rolled out of bed in weeks and you aren't sure where you tossed your running shoes (check in the back of the closet, bottom of the basement stairs or under the bed - well maybe that is just where I end up finding my missing things!), but just like the sun rising earlier makes getting out of bed easier, the changes going on around me make me feel ready to get back into working on projects and type up posts. So here I am quietly saying: "I'm back!" maybe a little slowly at first. I have always looked at blogging at being something I do for me - I think it is fun to pull together posts to share the projects I'm working on or my new favorite song or the colors I'm currently in love with. With that in mind I'm freeing myself from the old schedule, but I will be sticking with the themes like Make, Change, Share etc and maybe adding a few new ones. Anyway I'm excited to get back to blogging!
xoxo,
Libby

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! Spring is coming, though, and I'm starting to feel rejuvenated. Missed your posts and look forward to seeing more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holly! I'm really looking forward to spring and getting back into posting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...