Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A very pinterest Christmas

I have been pinning Christmas-y things over on Pinterest for, well, ever, I think a Christmas idea might have been my very first pin. For almost as long I've had this Pinterest Christmas idea rolling around in my head. So friends today I share with you three Pinterest inspired Christmas projects I've been working on over the last month. To get things started I found this picture of a glittered village with custom dyed bottle brush trees (originally from here).
Then I added some "pinspiration" from this image (found here). I loved the jars so much that a complete idea was formed.

I started by bleaching, dying and spray painting some craft store bottle brush trees. I used this post as my guide to tree dying.

For my little houses I used the great template from Little Glitter Houses four via this post from A Field Journal.
And here they are all mixed together with jars, that I had around the house and my large collection of vintage Readers Digest books (I have never read a single story from one of these books, but they have such great colors and patterns on their covers that I find myself pulling them out over and over again).
For my last project I used this picture of Anthro bobbles as my jumping off point. I'm going to go ahead right now and let you know I'm not all together happy with how they turned out.
I picked up a six pack of clear glass bulbs at the craft store (I broke one so I ended up with five), for one, I just emptied a two packages of sequins and for another I stuffed it full of the Highligh fake snow stuff (it is really more like Easter grass). For the other three I coated the inside with paint and here is my problem; I used glitter paint and it did not coat very nicely, but I'm sure they will be fine hung on a tree.
Finally if you just can't get enough, you can check out my Holiday Ideas board.

Have you been working on any Christmas projects? Inspired by Pinterest or not I'd love to take a look so leave me a link and I'll check 'em out.

P.S. sorry my pictures are so crummy, it is just so dark in my house these days. I can't wait until we are on the other side of the Winter equinox and coming into the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...