Sunday, May 8, 2011

my mom is great!

In honor of my devotion to celebrate good things this year I wanted to mark mother's day with a celebration of my mother. So to do so I've made a little list of the things that my mother has tought me. (By the way, if you haven't guessed, that is the lady herself! Isn't she lovely?)
  • to love the way ironing smells
  • to make a lasagna
  • that making things by hand is a way of showing love
  • to open your home to people who feel alone
  • to make pie dough
  • to sew
  • how to set the table
  • to read
  • how to thicken up fruit for a sauces or filling
  • what plants to plant when and where
  • how to frost a cake
  • that sometimes being a friend is just about being available
  • to eat frozen green beans right out of the freezer
  • how to braid my hair
  • how to tie a square knot
  • to love historical dramas
  • to swear (for real and to say "swear word" when upset)
  • how to bake cookies
  • how to make a French knot
  • to love making things with my hands
  • to make sure the mixer is turned off before you stick your hand in it
  • how to do a cartwheel
  • to love listening to books on tape
That is just the tip of the iceberg of all the wonderful things my mom had taught me. I hope you all have a wonderful day and I hope you get to spend it with a mom that you love!

P.S. yesterday was my mom and dad's 29th wedding anniversary. They were married 3 1/2 months after they started dating, I guess sometimes when you know, you know!

1 comment:

  1. This is a really amazing (and thoughtful) list...I hope I can teach my Bump half of it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...