Friday, February 11, 2011

Better Than Candy Hearts

Somehow without my notice I have become one of those people who likes wreaths on my front door. Not just any wreath, but a holiday/seasonal wreath. What? I know 20 year old me would be cringing at the cheesy-ness of it all. However good for you 27 year old me has learned to embrace the cheese and just move on. So to finish up our Valentine DIY's I put together a tutorial of my latest wreath.
I used a large round wreath base. And started by wrapping it in yarn (I just used some cheep stuff, Vanna's Choice maybe)
This step is not necessary but I thought at first I wouldn't put as many hearts on so it would be nice to have a little something extra on the base. Wrapped some red and white Christmas ribbon around the wreath.
Next I cut about two dozen hearts out of red, white, light and dark pink felt. Again cheep craft felt, though I think it would be that much better in a wool blend, however my fabric store doesn't carry wool felt in any colors that I like.
To finish it off, I added embroidery and some buttons. I then just glued the hearts onto my wreath. Voila a little love for my door.
I hope you have enjoyed all our valentine crafts the last few weeks.
On tap for next week some secret crafting that I'm ready to share.
XOXO,
Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...