Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Give a little bit . . .


Well as it turns out I am going to save the Stocking post for another day so we can talk about Operation Christmas Child. Each year in early November I put together a shoebox or two (or four) as part of the mission of Operation Christmas Child. I fill my boxes with gifts both practical (tooth brush and tooth paste, soap and a fancy washcloth, pens and note books) and fun (this year I found fun wood bead necklace kits and am kinda bummed I didn't pick one up for myself) toss in a little candy and a card with a Christmas greeting. It is so much fun and such and easy thing to do for an afternoon that can make a big statement to a child. See I look at it this way, I get to kick off my holiday season with a focus on giving, but more importantly a child some place far or near knows, on Christmas day, that they are valued and loved by someone they will never meet.
You still have time if you would like to join in on all the shoebox fun and really it is very fun! Collection starts this weekend, you can find out more about the program by following the link above and look up your local drop off places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...