Way back in the olden days of blogging (2002-2006) I had a web log on Xanga, it was mostly filled with my moaning about homework and my fan-girling about music and books, so basically what I do now. I left the waters of Xanga for more "legitimate" blogging a long time ago, but I've decided to resurrect one of my favorite features from the old blog: "Ten Things". It will be a Sunday post with a list of ten items, maybe they will stick to a theme or they might just be random, that is all part of the fun.
To kick things of I'm making a list of the Ten Things Making Me Happy right now. Okay let's get started!
- That I'm back to these lists, I forgot how much I loved making them. And it is sure making me happy to bring them back!
- The video for Jenny Lewis' new song One of the Guys. I'm not sure why, but my sister and I can't get enough of it. The tune is so catchy and the video is so weirdly great! Watch it at least once just for the part when Anne Hathaway break dances.
- Speaking of Anne Hathaway, this list of 10 Things That Girls Always Do In Movies And Never Do In Real Life cracked me up. #4 is my number one Rom-Com pet peeve.
- All the Ticket to Ride game nights my family has been having lately, we all love this game and with all the expansions and variations I think it will be a long time before we tire of playing.
- Season Two of Orphan Black, I love this twisty and dark Sci-Fi show from BBC America.
- The Vintage Planter section of etsy. As a houseplant lover I like to think about what type of plant would look best in each one. For the record my taste swings more in the green pottery way than the orange and yellow mouse way, though there it a time and place for everything.
- Sunday Family Dinners. Just a wonderful way to end the weekend and start the week. If you ever check out my Instagram @elizabethpfink you will see lots of Family Dinner Fun.
- I've been invited to a wedding with a Vintage Carnival theme and I've been having a great time try to figure out what to wear. Right now I'm thinking about either this Navy Star Print Dress or this Sassy Black Dress. Feel free to cast your votes!
- The wonderful book I mentioned in my last post, still in love with Pursue The Intentional Life.
- Tales of adventure from my friends and family traveling the worlds, right now I'm loving the updates from my friend Austin, who is photographing a trip to a hospital in Ethiopia and my bother Isaiah, who is in Thailand with the Army ROTC (Below is Ike meeting some of the local wildlife!).
P.S. This documentary about The Elephant Who Found A Mom.