Friday, July 11, 2014

Live: Summer 2014


I think I might be taking this slow blogging thing a little too far,a month and a half might be a little long. But I've been summering and it has been wonderful. So I thought I'd share my Summer 2014 Must List. I know the summer is already half over, but I think it is still worth putting pen to paper or type to screen and getting a little list going.


My first must do this summer is take advantage of all the great things happening in my own back yard this time of year. I've already made it to German Park and the Botanical Gardens and have my mind set on returning to both later in the summer. I also have plans to stroll around The Ann Arbor Art Fair and the Ypsilanti Heritage Festival, maybe catch a free concert, defiantly tour historic homes and I'm pretty sure my nephew is going to need a trip to the petting zoo. Basically find the fun right here.


For whatever reason I haven't being reading much these days. So I'm setting a five book goal for this summer. I'm already 1/2 way through two books so I think this is going to be totally manageable and I hope that it will get me back into the reading groove.


This one is self explanatory. And just a plea to get you to invite me out to your lake house!


Like reading I haven't been flexing my creative muscles as much. So I'm setting a goal here too, one crochet project, one sewing project, one painting project, one diy furniture revamp and one house project!


I've already taken a trip to the zoo and I spent a day traipsing around Boston with my sister in-law Kelsey. It was a great inspiration to fill the rest of the summer with Day Trips to a few Cute Towns and the Great Lakes.


Finally I'm really working on being more intentional in everything I do and this summer is a great time to work on it. To that end, I've been reading a wonderful book, Pursue The Intentional Life, with my sisters and have been really enjoying listening to The Lively Show podcast. I highly recommend both.

There you have it, just a few of they ways that I plan on getting the most out of my summer! And now it is fun ahoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...