Happy Galentine's Day Friends! I made you a cake (well okay, I made myself a cake, but I'm going to tell you about it)! This is what I like to call a cheater cake, in other words a dressed up box cake. And it tastes just like dipping a glazed cake donut into a cup of coffee, so if that is your thing you are going to really love my Donut Shop Cake. But first we should talk about how wonderful it is to have friends you love so much you wish there was a day to celebrate your friend-love. I have been blessed with some really fantastic friends, but today I'm thinking about my Girls Night friends. Every Wednesday after the sun goes down a group of my friends get together for a night of chatting, bonding and snack eating. Over the years the group has ebbed and flowed, but at the heart there has always been my cousin Lydia, our BFF Mel and me these days Lydia's sister in-law Amanda, my sister in-law Kelsey and our cousin Naomi join us too. We have spent close to ten years laughing and sometimes crying, snuggling new babies and listen to one another's problems, its a place to share good news and process frustration, we care for, challenge and encourage one another. So today on this day that is all about celebrating Ladyfriends, the girls I'm thinking of are my sweet Girls Night crew. Happy Galentine's Day Lyd, Mel, Amanda, Kelsey and Naomi - I love you all bunches!
Now for some cake!
What you need:
Box White Cake Mix
1 cup of room temp coffee
4 tablespoons of half & half
1/4 cup powdered sugar
What you'll do:
1. Bake your cake - I just used a large round pan (you can make some cup cakes with the left over batter)
2. Mix your cream and coffee
3. Divide your coffee and cream in half, slowly mix in half with your powdered sugar to create a glaze
4. Once cake is somewhat cool pour the other half of your coffee mix over the cake (I popped the cake back into to pan so that the coffee could really soak in
5. Wait about 10 minutes, then put your cake on your plate and pour your glaze over the top
6. Top with heart shaped sprinkles, because you know Galentine's day is all about love!
Now invite a few of your closest gal-pals over, brew a pot of coffee and spread the love!!!