Thursday, July 18, 2013

Live: What To Do On Your Long Commute


A few months ago I started a new job and along with it I started a new, much longer, commute (all the way to Detroit, but that is another story). At first I was really down on the drive, it takes me any where from 40 to 70 minutes to get there and 50 to 70 minutes to get home, but then I decided to try and make the time useful in any way I could and really try and enjoy it. So I came up with a few ways to fill my time and I thought today I'd share a few of those ways with you.
  • Listen to books on CD. I think I've have listened to five or six in the last month alone (expect recommendations later this summer). I find for me and my drive a book with about 10 disks works best.
  • Call your Grandma. My Grandma loves to talk on the phone, but it can be hard to find the time to chat for 30 or 40 minutes. If I call her right after I hop on the expressway it gives me the prefect time to talk to her. 
  • Dig out a some old music and  jam. I pulled out a few mixed cds I made while in college, they are the perfect pick me up at the end of a long day.
  • Eat Breakfast or Dinner. That most likely means popcorn and apple slices. And please don't tell my dad I eat in the car, he always hated when we would do that.
  • Pray. Why not open up your soul and lay your burdens on the Lord while you drive? Or simply praise Him for sunshine and clear skies!
Do you have any tricks for beating the commuter daze?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...