Monday, July 8, 2013

Eat: Farmers Market Bruschetta


Here in Michigan Farmers Market season is in full swing and I am loving it! This recipe is my attempt to recreate the meal that Julie and Eric eat at the beginning of Julie and Julia (tell me I'm not the only one that becomes fixated on clothes, home decor or food that movie and tv characters wear, have or eat). Anyway this is an easy and quick recipe and would be great as a starter or as a light meal for a warm summer night.


What you need:
Tomatoes (I had yellow and cherry, but you can use whatever you can find)
Greens (I used arugula, but spinach or swiss chard would work)
Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
Basil
Baguette (I use a multi gran)
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper


What you do:
Slice baguette, toast (I toasted mine in a pan with some olive oil)
Cut cheese and tomatoes into equal sized chunks
Chop the greens and basil
Mix cheese, tomatoes, greens and basil in with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Top toast with mixture and drizzle with vinager.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...