Monday, September 20, 2010

Keeping Promises

Remember when I promised all those wonderful blog things and then never did them, well here I am trying to follow through on a few of them. So here we are the wreath.
This is a really easy and fun project, great to do while watching TV (I would recommend DVDs of That Girl). I started out with felt that I picked up at the fabric store, wool felt would be nice, but I just used good old acrylic and it was fine.
I made a pattern to trace for the leaves, I made Birch, Oak and Maple leaves. I just went to Google images and looked up leaf line drawings to get the idea of what they should look like.

After I cut out my leaves I embellished a few of them. And I couldn't resist adding a few buttons of course!
I then glued them onto a wreath form from the fabric store I covered in brown felt.
Finally I pinned a little bit of ric-rac to the back for a hanger.
Here it is hanging on my door in the lovely sun shine.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!!! I can't wait to come over and have a craft night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love this! So cute Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! this is darling!!!
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable wreath for Autumn :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...