Friday, November 2, 2012

Celebrate: Cozy & Bright Baby Shower

It is no secret I love a good party! And I really love putting on a pretty shower. I think it has something to do with being from a big family where there is always someone getting married or having a baby. It also means that we are all a little over pastel purple and baby pink (who isn't?) so for the up coming shower we're hosting for my sister in-law we are going for a slightly brighter pallet.
Okay start with the invite, I just love this orange heart "Baby Love" invitation from tinyprints, it is cute and girly with out being syrupy sweet. So with an invitation chosen I thought the theme to build around it was Cozy & Bright!

Step two, select a few decorations, I like to go simple and homemade. For this shower I'm thinking something like these colorful paper chains and a sweet cardboard tube heart (see also pompoms).

Next add a few fun details like heart straws and crazy sprinkle cake.
Finally find prizes or thank you gifts that people actually want. I like the idea of giving out tiny brightly colored cactus.

What do you think? Wanna come? Or do you think it is blasphemes to not us pink for a baby girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...