Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!


As I run out the door to share a meal with 60 of my closest relatives I wanted to take a moment to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. I recently heard Ann Lamont one the radio talking about her new book Help, Thanks, Wow in which she writes about what she considers to be the three most basic prayers all people say; the desperate plea for help, the involuntary uttering of thanksgiving (she says that this prayer is really known as "thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you") and the often inaudible expression of awe at the created world. So this morning as I was thinking about what I would write to wish you a happy thanksgiving, it seemed better to take a chapter from Annie's book and in place of a list of all that I am thankful for (it would take all day to read) I wish you a day where you can give thanks for all the ways your needs have been met and you have been rescued from your trials and for every way you are amazed by workings of our glorious God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...